Both tennis and basketball have officially joined the growing list of sports waiting for the coronavirus pandemic to pass them by.
Holding on to hope as other sports were forced to cancel events, Tennis North's pennants joined the temporary scrapheap on Monday.
Delivering the final blow with a social media post to its players, the league had previously given each team the option to play on or share the points before the unfortunate decision had to be made.
ELSEWHERE IN SPORT:
Tennis North president Craig Boyce described the move as "the socially responsible thing to do."
"We'd made changes the week before so there was no need to go into the club house and hand sanitiser was available but everyone is respectful of the social distancing," he said.
Although the competition currently has no return date in mind due to the day-by-day nature of the pandemic, Boyce was pleased with the way the league's roster started.
"I think the A-grade was more consistent, more even and the A, B and C grades, all of them were running well.
"Trevallyn have really gone out and made an effort to find good players such as Jeff Speer and Nicholas Hookway so they could continue in A-Grade."
With the NBL season officially called off on Tuesday, Basketball Tasmania have closed their office for four weeks with games postponed.
Chief Executive Chris McCoy says the sport is committed to pushing through this "unprecedented situation."
"We are fortunate that our balance sheet is quite robust and we will be working hard to keep our excellent staffing team with us during this time," he said.
"In line with this commitment, our staff all agreed to using their annual leave entitlements to assist the sport in a time where they cannot travel anywhere.
"Basketball has a fantastic history and a very bright future with huge advancements over the last few years internationally, domestically and certainly within Tasmania.
"Along with other sports, we look forward to playing our part in leading the community back from these extremely difficult times."
We have removed our paywall from our stories about the coronavirus. This is a rapidly changing situation and we want to make sure our readers are as informed as possible. If you would like to support our journalists you can subscribe here.