EASING coronavirus restrictions mean that from this Friday you'll be able to have two visitors over to your home. In the changes announced by NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian on Tuesday morning, the move is to assist people who have been feeling the impacts of isolation. The new restrictions will allow two adults, and accompanying children if required, to visit another person in their home. READ ALSO: Latest snapshot of the coronavirus impact "If you're visiting someone over 70 years of age you need to practice social distancing," Ms Berejiklian said. "If people over 70 want to go and visit please be extra, extra careful." The move will lead to a rise in COVID-19 cases, Ms Berejiklian acknowledged, but she said this rise could be handled by the NSW Health system. "I anticipate from May we will see [COVID-19] numbers increase," she said. "We don't want to see the numbers spike up because people are being irresponsible. "This isn't a licence to go wild and have massive parties. READ ALSO: WHO turns attention to Africa warning COVID-19 is far from over "If you have a sniffle you shouldn't be visiting anybody, quite frankly you shouldn't be out of your house and you should be getting tested." Ms Berejiklian acknowledged that restrictions for the people in NSW had been difficult during April and these easing of restrictions was aimed at easing feelings of social isolation and to improve mental health. READ ALSO: Poorer kids worse off with online learning She said the "collective efforts" of people in NSW this month had led to a dramatic drop in the number of COVID-19 cases, from a couple of hundred a day in early April to a "handful" now. "We deeply appreciate all the sacrifices people have made during April," Ms Berejiklian said. We have removed our paywall from our stories about the coronavirus. This is a rapidly changing situation and we want to make sure our readers are as informed as possible. If you would like to support our journalists you can subscribe here.