The outbreak of coronavirus has lead to the closures of many offices in both the West Tamar and George Town municipalities.
Coronavirus: All the latest updates on COVID-19 for Tasmania
West Tamar has announced the following facilities will close until further notice:
- Beaconsfield Mine and Heritage Centre.
- Tamar Valley Visitor Information Centre, Exeter.
- Riverside Swimming Centre.
- Exeter Works Depot.
The council has also announced that face-to-face services provided at the Windsor Community Precinct, Riverside Office and Beaconsfield Council Chambers will stop.
People can still contact the West Tamar Council during regular hours by calling 6323 9300, 6383 6350, or through email at email@example.com.
IN OTHER NEWS:
West Tamar events too have been cancelled due to the coronavirus.
These include school holiday programs as well as events at the Legana and Beaconsfield Community centres, school programs and visits as well as the annual Youth and Community Festival at Beaconsfield.
The following George Town facilities have been closed until further notice:
- The Bass and Flinders Centre, George Town.
- George Town Watch House.
- George Town Swimming Pool Complex.
- Low Head Pilot Station Museum.
- George Town Senior Citizens.
- George Town Information Centre, all enquiries to be directed to George Town Council office.
George Town Council has also announced a number of events will be cancelled and programs postponed.
Events cancelled include the Weymouth Easter Market, Music in the Park and the George Town Triathlon.
Programs such as Healthy George Town, Neighbourhood House functions, Community Hub programs and all YMCA activities.
Sign up to one of our many newsletters: