The family of a man killed while at work is calling for an apology from those who investigated his death.
More than four years after Guy Redman Clark was electrocuted by a wrongly wired dishwasher at Pyengana, a coroner found the investigation by WorkSafe Tasmania was "inadequate" and "incomplete".
While the workplace healthy and safety regulator has since employed additional staff to "improve the capability of the inspectorate", the victim's family says the actions of the state body has left them in limbo for nearly five years.
The findings released by Coroner Simon Cooper this week stated the electrical works at the business was never investigated by WorkSafe Tasmania, which the victim's son-in-law Andrew Clarke said was "inexcusable".
"No one expects to go to work and not come home, but we should expect that WorkSafe Tasmania would complete a satisfactory report and in a timely manner," he said.
"To withhold information from the coroner and to not investigate who completed substandard electrical work on an appliance that caused someone's death is simply disgraceful."
Mr Clarke said the lack of answers had made the grieving process even more difficult for the victim's wife, Lesley, who spent more than four years believing her husband was at fault.
"The lack of due diligence by WorkSafe Tasmania has left my family with many questions that are now only answered nearly five years after Guy's death," he said.
"This is inexcusable and has caused untold stress. Hopefully these mistakes will not happen to anyone else going forward.
"We miss Guy and his larger than life personality everyday."
The victim's brother, Dennis Clark, who penned a letter to the editor on behalf of his family calling for the apology, said it was not an "unreasonable request".
"It won't bring my brother back, but these findings could have happened two years ago," he said.
"We have had no contact from WorkSafe Tasmania, I thought it would be fair to at least acknowledge their deficiencies."
The findings also recommended safety switches be mandated in all workplaces across Tasmania, no matter when they were constructed.
The Communications Electrical and Plumbing Union's Tasmanian secretary Michael Anderson said implementing safety switches in all workplaces, new or old, would be a costly process, but "you can't put a price on human life".
"We 100 per cent support the recommendation, the issue will be with the implementation, but it is certainly a conversation that needs to be had," he said.
Following a request from the family during the inquest into Mr Clark's death, the coroner also recommended portable automated defibrillators "be as widely available as possible, particularly in isolated workplaces and tourist venues".
"Coroner Simon Cooper has completed an excellent report and I hope his recommendations around RCD switches and defibs are now implemented," Mr Clarke said.
A Worksafe Tasmania spokesman said it noted the findings and extended their condolences to the family.