David Parry auctioned off iconic property The Stables subdivision on Saturday morning.
The Stables is located within walking distance to Punchbowl Reserve within minutes to all amenities plus walking to Kings Meadows and a selection of other conveniences.
The Stables Estate is located bordering Newstead in the Punchbowl precinct. This location is greatly designed for its conveniences and only a short 3km to Launceston CBD from this site.
Stage one consists of 13 blocks. There are 80 blocks in total to be auctioned and sold.
- They owned the land from around 1950.
- They had many stables and horses on the land which they owned all the horses themselves
- The trained the horses as trotters - Harness racing.
- After some time they then leased the land out to others to use the stables.
- She was then told the stables had asbestos in them so she decided to pull them down. Before pulling them down she took a photo of them (which i will get a copy of them tomorrow and send through)
- David Parry has been after this property for around 10 years now and finally the subdivision is coming together and ready to auction.
- 51 attendants at the auction on Saturday the 13th of April
- 9 Registered bidders on the day of the auction.
- Sold Lot 1, Lot 2, Lot 5, Lot 18, Lot 20 under the hammer at Auction
- Lot 21 sold prior to Auction
- Average days on market for land around Launceston is estimated at 208 days to execute a sale. All 6 of these were selling within 30 days.
- 12 blocks were available on Auction day, with the fast and furious auction campaign with a total of 24 bids throughout the day.
Blocks selling on the day and prior to auction ranging from $120,000 up to $145,000.
- Lot 1: 627m2 - SOLD
- Lot 2: 611m2 - SOLD
- Lot 3 599m2
- Lot 4: 601m2
- Lot 5: 646m2 - SOLD
- Lot 14: 1,379m2
- Lot 15: 732m2
- Lot 16: 817m2
- Lot 17: 1,593m2
- Lot 18: 798m2 - SOLD
- Lot 19: 702m2
- Lot 20: 759m2 - SOLD
- Lot 21: 770m2 - SOLD
Lots 3, 4, 14, 15, 16, 17 and 19 are still available with enquiries already coming in for several of these lots and we would expect these to be under offer within the coming weeks.