A public directions hearing for the Cambria Specific Area Plan will take place at Swansea.
The Tasmanian Planning Commission will hold the hearing to introduce the plan and other amendments to facilitate a large-scale tourism-based development at Cambria Estate, Swansea.
A planning scheme amendment was approved by the Glamorgan Spring Bay Council at its meeting on November 27, meaning it would go to the TPC for a decision.
The development at Dolphin Sands would include 139 villas and units at the Cambria Homestead Precinct, 161 units and villas along the river, an 80-unit health retreat, golf course, 20 accommodation units at the golf range, and a 150-room resort.
It would also include community meeting and entertainment facilities, crematoria and cemeteries, educational and occasional care, boating, sport and recreation facilities.
The hearing will take place on Friday, December 14 at 10am at the Swansea Town Hall.
For more information, visit www.iplan.tas.gov.au.
- Cambria planning scheme amendment proceeds to next stage, rezoning approved by council
- Glamorgan Spring Bay councillors to vote on Cambria amendment
- Cambria Green proponents address community's concerns
- Hundreds protest the Cambria Green development on the East Coast
- East Coast property could be site of multi-million dollar resort