Around 250 people have been identified as having come into contact with the coronavirus after a Delta-positive man flew into Hobart on Sunday.
On Monday morning, Premier Peter Gutwein said approximately 250 contacts had been identified since the man entered the state.
READ MORE: Positive COVID case isolating in Tasmania
Mr Gutwein said Public Health had contacted the 250 contacts via text and were working through the list to provide the relevant direction.
He said about 100 of the contacts were on the same flight as the man, while a further 125 were exposed to the virus while in the terminal - including 17 biosecurity officers, four health screening staff and two police officers.
Mr Gutwein said the man was identified at the airport after QLD health authorities advised the Tasmanian government the man had returned a positive test taken in QLD.
Tasmanian Health authorities immediately identified and isolated the man at Hobart Airport, taking him by ambulance to the Fountainside Community Case Management facility in Hobart.
Mr Gutwein said all close contacts would be required to self-isolate for 14 days, while casual contacts would be quarantined for up to five days, and would need to return a negative test before leaving quarantine.
Questions had been raised as to how the man was able to enter the state after leaving hotel quarantine in Brisbane before the results of the test were known.
Mr Gutwein said the man was tested while in hotel quarantine in Brisbane on November 13, he was then allowed by QLD authorities to leave quarantine where he boarded a flight bound for Victoria that transited through Hobart.
The Premier stressed the man did not flee or escape hotel quarantine in Brisbane prior to returning the positive test and said he was cooperating fully with health authorities.
He said the situation would continue to be monitored, but confirmed the recent case would not have an impact on the state's plan to reopen borders on December 15.
Public Health director Dr Mark Veitch said the department was currently assessing a number of people who had been identified as being potentially exposed to the man.
He said following further information collected, the exposure sites for close and casual contact had been updated, and included those seated between rows 10-14 on Virgin flight VA702, anyone who visited the male toilets near gate 5 at the Hobart Airport or sat on the wooden bench seats adjacent to Gate 4 around midday on November 14.
Dr Veitch urged anyone who had visited the sites to contact publics health as soon as possible.
For more details and a full list of exposure, sites visit Tasmania's coronavirus website.
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can continue to access our trusted content:
Follow us on Google News: The Examiner
Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date.