The Spirit of Tasmania has received approval from public health to set sail from Devonport and Melbourne, TT-Line's CEO says.
This follows crew members being identified as a close contacts of a confirmed COVID-19 case on Friday, which forced voyages on Friday and Saturday to be postponed.
The crew members returned a negative test result and Premier Peter Gutwein said on Saturday the 11 primary close contacts would remain in quarantine for 14 days and would undertake additional tests.
"The delays particularly impacted passengers on the Victorian side who were advised not to leave Station Pier due to the current lockdown in Victoria," he said.
"We are very appreciative of the work the team at the Department of Health and all supporting agencies have done to provide advice and assistance to our passengers in relation to permits required to enter Tasmania."
Mr Dwyer said an additional sailing had been scheduled from both ports on Monday to ensure affected passengers could "resume their travel as soon as possible, and freight deliveries arrive at their markets".
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can continue to access our trusted content:
Follow us on Google News: The Examiner
What do you think? Send us a letter to the editor:
Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date.