Tasmanian real estate operators appear to have been ahead of the curve when it comes to COVID-19 preparations.
Prime Minister Scott Morrison announced on March 24 that public auctions and open houses would be prohibited under new coronavirus protocols.
Real Estate Institute of Tasmania president Mandy Welling said agencies in the state had already adapted to the coronavirus situation in making changes to auctions and inspections.
"When the Prime Minister handed down that decision Tuesday night it wasn't a great shock to the industry," she said.
"The general consensus of late is that we just need to do what we need to do to be able to come out the other side and be as effective as we can in the interim.
"But most importantly it's the general health and safety of the public and the industry that's our biggest concern."
Coronavirus: All the latest updates on COVID-19 for Tasmania
REIT committee member and PRD's Tony Collidge said public auctions were much less common in Tasmania when compared to places like Sydney and Melbourne.
He said those cities face about 3000 public auctions this weekend which will now need to make alternate arrangements.
"We have so few of them that it's not going to affect our marketplace significantly like it would do in Melbourne and Sydney," he said.
Mr Collidge said PRD, like other Tasmanian real estate agencies, is already adhering to the four m2 separation rule and is making sure surfaces aren't touched.
Bushby Property Group director Eric Anderson said his business has already started doing one-on-one inspections before the government measures were announced.
"We're coming up with different ways of displaying properties including more in-depth videos," he said.