Health Minister Sarah Courtney has promised action to address concerns raised by junior doctors at the Royal Hobart Hospital.
However, the opposition said it shouldn't have taken a revolt to get the state's health minister "out of hiding".
Ms Courtney met with RHH senior leadership staff on Monday night to address concerns raised in a letter signed by 147 of the hospital's junior doctors.
She said the executive director of medical services would meet with staff later this week to outline a range of initiatives, including the addition of a second overnight medical registrar position.
"There is always a degree of attrition among junior medical staff as some of them are promoted in to registrar positions at RHH or receive offers from other hospitals and choose to pursue their careers elsewhere," Ms Courtney said.
"That has happened this year as it has in other years, but the additional recruitment will help alleviate issues raised by the junior doctors."
However, Labor Health spokeswoman Sarah Lovell said Ms Courtney had been "shamed" into action.
"The government has known about many of these issues for a long time, so everyone is rightly questioning why it has taken so long for Sarah Courtney to do anything," she said.
"In recent weeks the AMA, the ANMF, and the College of Emergency Medicine have all spoken up about problems in the system and called for action."
During a meeting with the ACEM last week, Ms Courtney committed to find a state-wide solution to relieve chronic overcrowding and ambulance ramping issues plaguing the health system.