Amenities: State school, one "first class" hotel, post and telegraph office with savings bank, two churches, concert hall, shop, recreation ground, cricket and football teams .
Population: About 30.
Industries: Farming, hobby farms, crafts.
Amenities: Historic Our Lady of the Sacred Heart Catholic church.
HISTORY: Site of the first payable gold discovered in Tasmania in February 1852 by Keeling Richardson, a shepherd on Tullochgorum. Originally called The Nook, the name was taken from the Aboriginal word for the South Esk River, Mangana Lienta.
Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date.