Launceston will increasingly rotate its gun midfielders through the forward line following the addition of former state captain Tim Jones.
Already boasting one of the TSL's strongest on-ball brigades with Jobi Harper, Fletcher Seymour, Jay Blackberry and Jared Dakin, the Blues will debut Jones in Saturday's home clash with North Hobart.
The 23-year-old joins defender Jack Tuthill as one of two inclusions with Jack Donnellan and Tyson Miller squeezed out.
Veteran Tim Bristow will add to an abundance of gun midfielders when he returns from a hamstring injury in the coming weeks.
RELATED: Blues unveil secret VFL recruit
"I think we can balance it out with some of those guys playing forward as well and adding a bit of density through there," Blues coach Mitch Thorp said.
"We haven't had that depth of senior midfielder so Tim adds to that, Jay now is healthy from his knee so he adds to that as well and we can throw some of those guys back if we need to as well.
"Getting Jack Tuthill back for us, he's probably our best young defender, he's had two fantastic season since he debuted so he just stiffens us up behind the ball."
North Hobart has made four changes with Norton brothers Baxter and Angus back and Bailey Walker (concussion) returning from a two-week absence.
Experienced trio Michael Fisher, Troy Cunliffe and Nathan Hardy will all miss as the Dees look to end a six-game losing streak.
MORE SPORT: Porte into fourth, on track for best Tour finish
"I still think North Hobart are a very good side - I think they've just lacked a little bit of confidence because they've lost a few games and that can happen with a young group," Thorp said.
"We're well aware of their potency in front of the footy, they've got a good balance between their younger talent and Julian Dobosz coming back as a key forward so they've certainly got avenues to goal and we need to be on our game."
- The Examiner website on Friday: Jay Blackberry reflects on 200 games
LAUNCESTON v. NORTH HOBART
Windsor Park, Saturday, 2pm
- B: J. Tuthill, J. Boyd, R. Tyrrell
- HB: C. Brown, J. Smith, M. Hodge
- C: J. Blackberry, J. Harper, I. Chugg
- HF: B. Palfreyman, M. Musicka, B. Taylor
- F: J. Hinds, M. Thorp, D. Riley
- R: J. House, F. Seymour, T. Jones
- Int: T. Auckland, J. Dakin, G. Holt, A. Wright
- Emg: J. Donnellan, S. Foley, J. Groenewegen, T. Miller
In: T. Jones, J. Tuthill
Out: J. Donnellan, T. Miller
- B: H. Williams, B. Walker, H. Williams
- HB: N. McCulloch, S. Collins, B. Norton
- C: W. Peppin, J. Sandric, T. Reeves
- HF: A. Norton, J. Dobosz, S. Willis
- F: T. Liefhebber, J. McCulloch, J. Menzie
- R: H. Allan, J. Charlton, S. Caswell
- Int: C. Kilpatrick, T. McGinniss, F. Poke, J. Steele
- Emg: N. Hardy, H. Ireland, T. Millhouse, M. Yates
In: B. Walker, B. Norton, A. Norton, J. McCulloch
Out: N. Hardy, H. Ireland, T. Cunliffe, M. Fisher