A Silverdome scheduling clash has seen the Northern Hawks' pushed out and their April home opener moved to Ulverstone due to NBL games at the venue, with concerns raised over further roster impacts.
READ MORE: NTFA 2021: Old Scotch, Perth season preview
Two more matches that are yet to be scheduled have also been promised for the site.
Hawks president Ann Pearce said the move, announced on Wednesday, was "extremely disappointing", considering bookings for the Silverdome were made a year in advance.
Thinking our roster was locked in and then to be told we can't play there ... is very disappointing- Ann Pearce on having the Hawks' home opener moved to Ulverstone
The vice-president of the Northern Tasmania Netball Association, Pearce said the lack of netballing facilities in Northern Tasmania has left clubs without many options for games as well as trainings.
"Netball as a whole in the North of Tasmania - the Silverdome is our only elite venue, so we don't have anywhere else to play basically," she said.
For more local sport news click here.
"It affects them [NTNA clubs] as well because we play Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday night at an indoor venue.
"We have our state players play on a Tuesday night - they're not going to want to play outside and that's what will happen if we can't get into the Silverdome.
READ MORE: NTFA: Dane Swan 'a great thing' for Perth
"We need numerous courts and timeslots for those rosters as well."
Netball Tasmania executive officer Aaron Pidgeon said the situation was a challenging one, but talks were being undertaken with the Silverdome to understand the extent of the situation and what alternative arrangements can be made.
Sport Minister Jane Howlett said Silverdome management had been working constructively with Netball Tasmania with the scheduling of the NBL games and the impact it has on netball fixtures.
"I am confident that all hirers can negotiate on schedules and minimise any disruption," she said.
Pearce added that talks with Silverdome management had been supportive, but was concerned about the logistical ramifications of cancellations.
"We have sponsors ... we had a horrible year last year [because] we couldn't promote our sponsors so it was really difficult to engage them and keep them," Pearce said.
IN OTHER NEWS:
"Sponsors aren't going to go to Ulverstone ... it's [the cancellation] rubbish.
"Parents, grandparents, aunties and uncles - they like to come to the games and support."
While no official Breakers games have been announced for May yet, the potential leaves a cloud over a Cavaliers-Hawks double-header weekend at the Silverdome starting May 8.
"I think there is potential for other rostered games to be impacted," Pearce said.
Pearce hoped a home game against Devon would be made possible later in the season, provided the Silverdome was available.
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can continue to access our trusted content:
Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date.