Defamation proceedings against a convicted conman by a state government minister have started in the Federal Court.
Senior government minister Michael Ferguson has taken action against Kane Dallow with the court on December 2 in relation to allegations made against him in two online videos.
An interim injunction regarding the videos was recently approved by Justice Duncan Kerr, forcing them to be removed from Mr Dallow's website Tas News 24 and his YouTube channel.
IN OTHER NEWS:
At a hearing in Hobart on Wednesday, that injuction was extended until December 21 and broadened to cover a third video Mr Dallow had posted this week.
Mr Dallow objected to this video being part of the injuction, arguing there was no defamatory content in it and it was simply an explanation about the legal proceedings against him.
Mr Ferguson's lawyer, Chris Gunson, said allegations aired in the other videos were spoken about at length in the recent video.
Justice Richard White ruled in favour of an amended injunction.
Mr Dallow was self-represented on Wednesday, but said it was his intention to have a lawyer act on his behalf.
Justice White adjourned court for it to reconvene on the morning of Monday, December 21 to allow Mr Dallow time to find legal representation.
Mr Dallow last year received a partly suspended sentence when he obtained $5000 off a woman for sponsorship of a program he said he was making for Channel 7.
What do you think? Send us a letter to the editor: