Representatives from the Australian Digital Health Agency will be at Launceston Library on Thursday, January 24 to answer questions about the My Health Record.
Tasmanians now have until January 31 to opt out of the online health summary.
The community engagement session will address recent legislative changes, including:
- Allowing Australians to permanently delete their records, and any backups, at any time
- Prohibiting access to My Health Records by insurers and employers
- Providing greater privacy for teenagers over 14
- Strengthening existing protections for people at risk of family and domestic violence
- Clarifying that only the agency, the Department of Health and the chief executive of Medicare, and no other government agency, can access the My Health Record system
- Requiring law enforcement and other agencies to produce a court order to access information in My Health Records
- Making clear that the system cannot be privatised or used for commercial purposes
The free event will be held from 2pm to 4pm.
Visit myhealthrecord.gov.au for more information.