There are now five people who have been diagnosed with meningococcal.
Two new cases were confirmed in Hobart on Wednesday.
A 36-year-old man and a man in his 70s are both receiving treatment at the Royal Hobart Hospital.
The two men are new cases confirmed by the Tasmanian Health Service on Wednesday.
Director of Public Health Mark Veitch said a public health response was underway in response to the detection of the disease.
The two new detections takes the total cases of meningococcal disease to five for 2018.
“People should remain vigilant for meningococcal disease symptoms, and if they suspect they or someone they care for may have contracted meningococcal disease, they should seek emergency medical care immediately,” Dr Veitch said.
A Hobart teenager was the first victim of the disease, which was reported to the public on July 12.
The 16-year-old died from the disease.
A second case was confirmed a few days later, on July 15, with a 20-year-old man seeking treatment.
A three month-old baby remains in the RHH in a stable condition recovering from meningococcal disease.
Dr Veitch said the two new cases did not appear to be related to any of the three previously detected cases.
Preliminary testing in the two new cases, as well as in the case of the three-month-old girl, indicates they have contracted the W strain of the virus.
“The public health response will focus on ensuring close contacts of both men receive antibiotic medication to minimise the chance of a secondary infection,” Dr Veitch said.
News of the two new cases comes after the state government announced it would expand the meningococcal immunisation schedule and conduct a review into the program.
Details are expected to be released next week by Health Minister Michael Ferguson.
Ms Burleigh, of Kingston, and her friend Kacee Johnstone, started a petition calling for all high risk Tasmanians to have access to free meningococcal B vaccinations.