Tasmania's coronavirus situation has thrown a spanner in the works for the WBBL competition which was set to continue in Hobart this weekend.
Premier Peter Gutwein said that a decision for the WBBL was still being decided at the lockdown announcement.
Mr Gutwein said if the four scheduled games would go ahead this weekend it would likely be with no crowds and the players would be contained in a bubble.
Earlier reports previously suggested the scheduled fixtures would be cancelled but the Premier indicated that was not yet the case.
Cricket Australia confirmed that they remain in talks with the state government regarding the WBBL situation for this weekend.
WBBL players remain in training or in team hotels as they await a decision.
The Hobart Hurricanes were due to play were due to open their WBBL campaign against the Melbourne Renegades on October 16 at Blundstone Arena.
It will also impact the Sydney Thunder, Adelaide Strikers, Perth Scorchers, Brisbane Heat and the Sydney Sixers who were also due to play at Blundstone Arena this weekend.
The Perth Scorchers delayed their travel to Tasmania by 24 hours as a result of the state's COVID-19 situation.
Cricket Australia bought the WBBL to Tasmania due to the state's previous COVID record in an effort to get the season underway.
The competition is scheduled to depart to Western Australia and South Australia in November.
The Tasmanian Tigers' one-day fixture against Western Australia was delayed due to the lockdown announcement but the squad was cleared by WA police to play.
The Tigers have commenced their game and were in the field after losing the toss to the Warriors.
More to come...
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can continue to access our trusted content:
Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date.