Fewer than 2000 homes and businesses remain without power almost a week after cyclone-like storms hit Sydney.
Some 1900 residential and business customers in the northern suburbs were without electricity on Sunday night following the fall-out from Tuesday's severe storms.
Network operator Ausgrid said its crews had restored power to 95 per cent of those affected and they aim to have everyone reconnected by the end of Monday.
"We've safely restored power to over 50,100 critical services, schools, businesses and residents," the company said on Sunday night.
"This will continue until power at every property is safely restored."
Ausgrid has said regulations prevented its staff from repairing customer equipment past the connection point and urged those affected to contact a qualified electrician to repair damage to their own equipment.
"Once repaired, Ausgrid can safely reconnect them to the shared network," the distributor said.
Ausgrid previously said the cyclone-like damage was some of the worst it has seen in a concentrated area.
But the Electrical Trades Union said the length of the large-scale blackout highlights the impact of job cuts, claiming the workforce at NSW's three electricity distributors had been slashed by 40 per cent.
Australian Associated Press