It's set to be a chilly weekend throughout the state, with road weather alerts are in place throughout the state due to snow and icy conditions.
The Bureau of Meteorology said snow covered roads above 500-metres would make driving conditions dangerous during the weekend in parts of the North-East, West, Central Plateau, Upper Derwent Valley, and South East.
Tasmania Police has closed the following roads:
- Lyell Highway at Mount Arrowsmith through to Wayatinah restricted to 4WD with chains only;
- Belvoir Road between Moina and Murchison Highway closed to all traffic;
- Belvoir Road from Leary's Corner to Cradle Mountain Road is open to 4WD vehicles only;
- Highland Lakes Road - Open to 4WD only, use extreme caution;
- Poatina Road - Open to 4WD only, use extreme caution;
- Cradle Mountain Road and Dove Lake Road closed between Moina and Cradle Mountain National Park - now clearing commenced at 7.30am.
Police warned to use extreme caution on the following roads:
- Murchison Highway;
- Elephant Pass;
- Meander Valley Road, Exton - black ice reported;
- Lake Dobson Road to Mount Field - ice and snow in top section, treatment in progress.
For more on road closures, visit the Tasmania Police website.