The Brisbane Heat have denied the Gabba lights debacle has derailed their Big Bash League season after slumping to a 79-run loss at the hands of the Sydney Sixers.
The Heat were never in the run chase after Englishman James Vince fired the Sixers to 7-177 at the SCG on Sunday and the visitors were bowled out for 98.
It came just three days after the Heat's clash with the Sydney Thunder was abandoned after one of the light towers at the Gabba failed during a power outage.
Debate about the result continues to rage with Thunder management pushing to have their side awarded the full two points.
The issue threatened to spill over into Sunday's match after Sydney Sixers skipper Moises Henriques and the Heat's Brendon McCullum and Chris Lynn traded opinions on Twitter during the week.
Henriques and Lynn did shake hands at the toss on Sunday and insisted there were no hard feelings.
"Not at all to be honest, we haven't spoken about it much at all," said Heat paceman Josh Lalor after he recorded the best figures of the tournament so far with 5-26.
"I think most of it has been said, some of it has popped up on Twitter which is pretty unfortunate.
"I don't know what it means for the Gabba as a venue. We're pretty disappointed things weren't going our way in that game. There's still a long way to go and stranger things have happened."
Despite the loss, and having just three wins under their belt from nine games, the Heat remain just two points outside the top four.
The side had a 30-minute truth session in the SCG dressing rooms following play and Lalor said they had been challenged by coach Daniel Vettori to be more aggressive and adventurous.
"We need to find our brand of cricket," Lalor said.
"We're a side that prides ourselves on taking the game on, we're probably being a little too timid at the moment.
"We're not being true to ourselves and that's probably the truth that came out of it."
Australian Associated Press