With individual time trials likely to be pivotal to the outcome of back-to-back National Road Series tours, TIS Racing Team coach Matthew Gilmore said it is useful having a former junior world champion on board.
“That’s decent pedigree,” Gilmore said about captain Macey Stewart as the Devonport rider, who added a 2014 road world title to her two on the track, prepares to lead the new team into its first events.
“The way they are structured, the time trial will generally sort out the general classification and Macey is in really good time trial form so we’re hoping she can put herself in a good position.
“My expectation is she will be up there and aiming for a top 10 finish or stage win while young Madeleine Fasnacht is also coming into good form leading into the Mersey Valley Tour which is a selection race for the junior world road championships in Norway in September.”
The team also includes Anya Louw, Renee Dykstra and Belamie Flint, who will drop out for Mersey Valley.
South West Tour
- Stage 1: Saturday morning, 12.7km ITT, Wangoom Reserve
- Stage 2: Saturday afternoon, 51km or 85km road race, Wangoom
- Stage 3: Sunday, criterium, Peterborough
Mersey Valley Tour
- Stage 1: Friday, May 12, 16km ITT, Ulverstone
- Stage 2: Saturday, May 13, 74.8km road race, Ulverstone to Riana
- Stage 3: Saturday, May 13, 76.2km road race, Railton