Launceston hometown hero Daniel Geale is believed to be reconsidering his illustrious 36-fight professional career just 24 hours after a second-round knockout.
Geale lasted little more than four minutes against new IBO super middleweight champion Renold Quinlan on Friday night.
He had initially accepted an in-ring offer from Quinlan for a re-match.
“Yeah, anytime,” Geale said, still dazed after being felled to the canvas.
“Look, I’d be interested in that for sure. I believe I can (come back).”
But according to boxing master of ceremonies and close confidant, Ben Damon, Geale now has his doubts.
“Spoke to @DanielGeale who hasn’t decided if he’ll fight on,” Damon tweeted on Saturday morning.
Both Geale and manager Garrie Francisco were lying low on Saturday, neither of the pair taking calls following Friday’s crushing loss.
It was the 35-year-old’s fourth loss in six fights that included knockouts against world-class middleweights Gennady Golovkin and Miguel Cotto.
Geale admitted immediately after the knockdown he made a poor tactical error.
“I just went forward to it – I shouldn’t been there in that moment,” he said.
“I had been working on that stuff for a reason.
“Sometimes you shouldn’t be resting and that’s when you get caught.”
Geale was spotted passing Quinlan leaving the Silverdome after the fight. The pair spoke no words, but exchanged a reassuring hug from both men.
But Geale’s rival, Anthony Mundine, was quick to congratulate Quinlan on his win.
“Big shout out to my brother & friend Renold Quinlan for his KO victory over Geale...the sky is the floor my brother! Enjoy the win but stay dedicated to the future...another dream come true.”