Dreamworld will reopen in time for the school holidays, as its parent company confirms a six-week closure following a fatal accident has cost millions of dollars.
The Gold Coast park has been closed since October 25, when four people died on one of its tamest rides, the Thunder River Rapids.
In an announcement to the Australian Stock Exchange on Wednesday morning, parent company Ardent Leisure confirmed the park would reopen on Saturday, December 10.
All of WhiteWater World's attractions would be open, with only a small handful in Dreamworld itself approved to open while others would have to wait for the safety review process to be completed
"Dreamworld's other rides will progressively open as they are signed off as part of the safety review process," company secretary Alan Shedden said.
Mr Shedden said Ardent's Theme Parks division incurred about $4 million in operating expenses in November without making any "significant revenue" thanks to the closure.
The corresponding month last year netted the company $7.6 million in revenue, he said.
"In the month of November 2016, Dreamworld is also expected to incur approximately $1.6 million in costs associated with the tragedy (net of expected insurance recoveries)," he said, in the ASX announcement.
"As previously advised, regular trading updates for the Theme Parks division will be released over the coming seven months to ensure that the market is fully informed."
Dreamworld also announced plans to extend all season passes by six months.
The park has undergone an exhaustive series of safety checks since Kate Goodchild, Luke Dorsett, Roozi Araghi and Cindy Low died when the Thunder River Rapids malfunctioned.
Ardent has already announced that the Thunder River Rapids ride will be demolished.
Dreamworld CEO Craig Davidson said every attraction would have gone through a "rigorously conducted, multi-level safety review" before opening.
The opening weekend has been dubbed an "Open Hearts - Open Doors Charity Weekend", with $25 from every entry fee donated to the Red Cross.
"These funds will be distributed to those affected by the tragedy through the GIVIT Appeal Independent Distribution Committee," Mr Davidson said.
Attractions so far approved to open are Tiger Island, the Corroboree indigenous precinct, wildlife areas and entertainment and family attractions in the DreamWorks Experience, Wiggles World, ABCKids World and select Motorsports precinct attractions.
- with AAP