The search for a missing man and vessel in North-West Tasmania has been suspended after an area of anomaly on the seabed was investigated and determined to be unrelated.
On Monday and Tuesday, a professional hydrographic surveyor conducted sonar scans of the seabed in a designated area around Table Cape.
Police Inspector Steve Jones said the 11-day search had been suspended following a comprehensive independent review.
READ MORE: Rider, 67, dies on Tasmania bike trail
"Considering poor weather conditions and cool temperatures, expert advice has determined it is extremely unlikely that Thomas Courto could have survived," he said.
"Our thoughts are with the family and loved ones of the three people - Isaiah Dixon, Thomas Courto, and Bree-Anna Thomas - who were tragically lost at sea."
Mr Courto, Ms Thomas and Mr Dixon set out on a day trip on a boat from Wynyard on October 18, but didn't return.
The bodies of Ms Thomas and Mr Dixon were discovered last week, washed ashore between Fossil Bluff and Table Cape.
Inspector Jones said the search had been considerable and he wanted to recognise the efforts involved including specialist search and rescue, marine police, the State Emergency Service, Surf Life Saving Tasmania, and the wider North-West community.
A report will be prepared for the coroner.
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can continue to access our trusted content:
Sign up for our newsletter to stay up to date.