THE BIG QANTAS RESTART
* Australia is preparing to reopen its international border to and from Sydney, NSW, for fully-vaccinated travellers from November 1.
* Qantas and its low-cost carrier Jetstar will bring forward the restart of more international flights by up to three months.
* All initial flights are limited to Australian citizens, permanent residents and their immediate families and parents, including Australians returning home.
* Some 11,000 Qantas and Jetstar domestic and international flight workers stood down during the pandemic will be back at work by early December.
The restarted Qantas routes:
* Sydney to Singapore, from November 23
* Sydney to Fiji (Nadi), from December 7
* Sydney to Johannesburg, from January 5
* Sydney to Phuket, from January 12
* Sydney to Bangkok, from January 14
* A new route from Sydney to Delhi begins December 6
* Flights from Sydney to Bali, Indonesia, are still in the negotiation stage
* Flights to Honolulu, Vancouver, Tokyo and New Zealand still expected to start from mid-December
* Flights from Sydney to London and Los Angeles are already on sale, amid high demand from Australians wanting to return home in time for Christmas
Australian Associated Press