LATEST COVID-19 DEVELOPMENTS:
* AstraZeneca's coronavirus vaccine will continue being produced in Australia into next year, with leftover doses being shipped to neighbouring countries.
* Victoria will forge ahead with its plans to ease restrictions despite reporting a record 2297 daily COVID-19 cases and higher numbers expected to come.
* It's the first time daily infections have tipped over 2000 in any Australian state or territory, and marks a jump of more than 700 infections from the previous day's 1571.
* Another 11 Victorians have died with COVID-19, taking the toll from the current outbreak to 125.
* Year 12 students exposed to COVID-19 will still be able to sit their final exams in Victoria under changes that will see them put in separate rooms from their fellow pupils.
* Victoria is set to become the first Australian state or territory to ban unvaccinated MPs from entering parliament.
* NSW recorded 406 new local cases of COVID-19 and six more deaths on Thursday, as the state announced more incentives for people to return to reopened venues.
* A Senate coronavirus committee has heard an illicit drug trade was the source of a major COVID-19 outbreak in western NSW.
* The ACT's path out of lockdown will need to be careful and gradual, the territory's chief minister says, ahead of restrictions easing in Canberra on Friday.
* The final full day of lockdown in the ACT saw 46 new cases reported, one of the highest single-day totals.
* A coronavirus-infected NSW man who entered Tasmania illegally and escaped hotel quarantine in Hobart has been in contact with at least 50 people.
* Queensland Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk has again hinted that the state borders could reopen to COVID-19 hotspots before Christmas, saying the next six weeks of the vaccine rollout are critical.
* South Australia will create an extra 93 beds across Adelaide's public hospital network as the state prepares for a jump in COVID-19 cases when border restrictions are eased.
AUSTRALIAN VACCINATION NUMBERS:
* There have been 31,679,382 doses administered in the national COVID-19 vaccination rollout up to Wednesday, including 320,773 in the previous 24 hours.
* Of the total, 18,484,671 have been administered by the Commonwealth (an increase of 204,059 in the previous 24 hours).
* 13,194,711 have been administered by the states and territories, including 116,714 in the previous 24 hours.
* Nationwide, 83.6 per cent of people aged over 16 have received one vaccine dose while 65.4 per cent are fully vaccinated.
AUSTRALIAN CORONAVIRUS NUMBERS:
* Australia reported 2750 local cases on Thursday: 2297 in Victoria, 406 in NSW, 46 in the ACT, and one in Tasmania.
* There was one hotel quarantine case, in NSW.
* The national death toll is 1495: Victoria 945, NSW 510, Tasmania 13, WA 9, Queensland 7, ACT 9, and SA 4. (Two Queensland residents who died in NSW have been included in the official tolls of both states).
GLOBAL CORONAVIRUS NUMBERS:
* Cases: at least 239,130,000.
* Deaths: at least 4,873,000.
* Vaccine doses administered: at least 6,534,369,000.
Data current as at 1700 AEDT on October 14, taking in federal and state/territory government updates and Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Centre figures.
Australian Associated Press