Bikers of all ages made the most of a wet Saturday at St Leonards for round five of the AusCycling Tasmanian BMX state series.
Launceston BMX Club's David Steward credited recent resurfacing for an accident-free day.
"It was pouring down, but with the new surface it's a 12-month, all-season track so it went well," he said.
'Without the new surface, the track would be slow, and everyone would be muddy, cranky and upset."
Riders from across the country, with the exception of Victoria, took part in the competition.
The six-round series sees clubs compete in Hobart, Launceston and Wynyard.
ELSEWHERE IN SPORT:
By way of Northern talent, Steward said the likes of Campbell Whitney, Kane Heazlewood, Shelby Steward and Baxter Manshanden had great showings for the club, winning their races.
"The state series is combined with the national series as well." Steward said.
"Each of the top riders go in the running for a national award, but in saying that, you've got to be able to compete in most of the state rounds and national rounds.
"There was a national round in Sydney two weeks ago, where a handful of Launceston riders competed in."
The last race day of the state series will be held at Wynyard on June 26, with the final round of the nationals also winding up there in September.
"Provided the borders are open, riders from across the country will converge on Wynyard for that," Steward said.
For all results, visit our.sqorz.com
Winners (two or more riders):
- Superclass men: Tyson Cobby
- Jr superclass men: Campbell Whitney
- Superclass women: Ashleigh Gunn
- Eight-year-old boys: Parker Berry
- Nine-year-old boys: Baxter Manshanden
- 10-year-old boys: Kai Field
- 11-year-old boys: Billy Smith
- 12-year-old boys: Oliver Beames
- 13-year-old boys: Saxon Van Anholt
- 40-44-year-old men: Ryan Cornelson
- Nine-10-year-old girls: Nyla Williams
- 10-year-old girls: Indy Woolley
- 11-year-old girls: Tahlia Broomhall
- 12-year-old girls: Kasey Kirkland
- 15-year-old girls: Isabelle Beames
- Cruiser 8-10 boys: Kane Heazlewood
- Cruiser 11-12 boys: Cruz Williams
- Cruiser 40-44, 35-39 men: Matthew French
- Cruiser 50+, 35-39 men: Paul Emmerton
- Cruiser 11-12 girls: Tahlia Broomhall
- Cruiser 35-39 women, masters women: Katie Heazlewood