Jack Donnellan and Jamieson House have won senior call-ups as Launceston prepares to host an unchanged Kingborough in the first table-topping clash of the season.
One of the unluckiest to miss selection in the Blues' senior grand final team, 23-year-old Donnellan appeared set to move to the NTFA before recommitting to his home of eight years.
House, who returns from serving a one-week carry-over suspension from the grand final, is back in time to help combat the league's highest scoring side of the opening rounds.
Devils duo Jayden Hinds and Zach Morris are the two changes to the round one side that beat North Launceston.
"We get our full-back back which is important because the Tigers have three key forwards," Blues coach Mitch Thorp said.
"Tyler Carter in particular is a good player - he's really under-rated. He finds a way to hit the scoreboard and he's involved in a lot of scoring chains each week."
MORE SPORT: NTFA club Lilydale celebrates 100 years
Missing finals in 2020 after qualifying for the first time in 2019, Trent Baumeler's Tigers have looked as good as any side in the opening two rounds, downing North Hobart before recording an eye-catching five-goal win over Lauderdale.
The loss of ex-AFL midfielders Kieran Lovell and Mackenzie Willis appeared to put a big dent in the Tigers' hopes for 2021, but Thorp believes it may well work in the club's favour.
"They've lost a couple of so-called star players, but what's happened is their whole club's bought into what they're trying to achieve and that was really evident last week against Lauderdale," Thorp said.
"They just outworked them for longer periods of the game and they were just super honest - they won the ball in close, got the ball inside 50 to their three key forwards and they've got some clever little forwards like [Luke] Graham that can hit the scoreboard.
"We've seen it ourselves - as soon as you get that collective buy-in, you become a side that's hard to beat and they're going to be a handful for just about every side this year I think.
"I fully expect them to be a finals campaigner."
Saturday's game starts at 2pm.
LAUNCESTON v. TIGERS
Round 3 - 17/04/2021
Windsor Park, 2pm
- B: J. Tuthill, J. House, J. Dowling
- HB: J. Boyd, A. Wright, J. Woolley
- C: C. Brown, J. Hinds, J. Smith
- HF: B. Taylor, J. Groenewegen, J. Blackberry
- F: G. Holt, D. Riley, M. Musicka
- R: C. Thorp, M. Hodge, B. Pitcher
- Int: T. Miller, J. Donnellan, B. Palfreyman, B. Pearce
- Emg: C. Riethoff, J. Maloney, H. Leedham, L. Canny
- In: Nil
- Out: Nil
- B: L. Gadomski, M. Reynolds, B. Rees
- HB: E. Reardon, B. McCulloch, L. Griggs
- C: Z. Adams, W. Campbell, A. Bessell
- HF: T. Wright, M. Collidge, S. Duigan
- F: M. Gardner, T. Carter, L. Graham
- R: C. Sawdy, L. Clifford, E. Cole
- Int: P. Reihana, W. Clifford, T. Dwyer, R. Ashlin
- Emg: S. Dickson, P. Kelly, J. Keogh, B. Donnelly
- In: Nil
- Out: Nil