The Launceston Anzac Day parade will go ahead this year and so will the Hobart parade, despite the announcement last week that the Hobart parade would be cancelled.
Launceston RSL president Graham Barnett said as far as he could see, there was nothing to prevent them from going ahead with commemoration services on the day at this stage.
"Anzac Day is our day for remembering all the conflicts," he said.
"For me, and I guess for a lot of people, it will be the opportunity to, again, show our appreciation for what our ex-servicemen and servicemen have done."
Mr Barnett said the biggest issue the RSL faced was the spacing of the march.
He said if those participating could not march six abreast like they had done previously, spacing would move to four or five abreast instead.
"The Launceston sub-branch is very [grateful] for the support from Launceston City Council," he said.
Recently, the Tasmanian RSL announced the Hobart parade would not go ahead in 2021.
However, on Thursday afternoon Veterans' Affairs Minster Guy Barnett said the Hobart Anzac Day parade would proceed.
IN OTHER NEWS:
"While the format of this year's events will be different to that of previous years, I am confident that Tasmanian veterans, their families and the broader community will appreciate the opportunity to take part in our treasured Anzac Day traditions," he said.
"Our government will continue to work with RSL Tasmania and their sub-branches as they arrange commemorative events this Anzac Day."
Our journalists work hard to provide local, up-to-date news to the community. This is how you can continue to access our trusted content: