A Launceston father of two who received burns to almost half of his body has undergone surgery.
Greg Longmore, who was seriously burnt in an accidental fire that broke out at Adams Distillery on Tuesday, remains in an induced coma at Royal Hobart Hospital.
His sister, Samantha Walmsley, whose GoFundMe page in aid of the family has already raised more than $71,000, provided an update on his condition on Friday.
IN OTHER NEWS:
"Yesterday Greg underwent surgery for skin debridement and skin grafting, this was very successful," she wrote.
"Greg is in a stable condition, still in an induced coma which he will continue to be in for the next few weeks.
"Greg's doctors and nurses are pleased with his condition and continue to give him the most amazing care.
"Erin [Greg's wife] is still overwhelmed with the love, support and kindness she has received from each and everyone of you and thanks you from the bottom of her heart."
The fire, deemed accidental, was caused during the gin distilling process and resulted in more than $1.5 million damages to the shed.