The track at Symmons Plains is primed and ready for three days of intense racing as part of Race Tasmania.
The spectacle will see a number of racing groups come to Northern Tasmania between January 24 and 26 before heading to Baskerville in the South.
Four national racing categories in the TCR Australia Series, S5000, Touring Car Masters and Trans Am will be part of the action.
Elsewhere in sport:
Co-organiser Barry Rogers was in Civic Square on Friday along with a few racers to pump up locals ahead of Australia Day weekend.
"It's been really great to come to Tasmania and to bring fantastic national categories here in summer," Rogers said.
"We're used to racing here in winter so to be here now is fantastic.
"It was a really good turn-out [at Civic Square] over lunch ... it's important to do a bit of PR with events like this and the public really appreciated it."
Due to COVID restrictions, only 5000 people can attend the event per day - Rogers said he was confident the event would be a sellout across each day.
"Ticket sales are looking really good ... there will still be some available for walk-ups but you really want to get a ticket online," he said.
Rogers added that he'd like to see Race Tasmania become a regular event on Tasmania's racing calendar.
"We're committed for a long-term arrangement to do this event ... we hope over the years we can make it even bigger," he said.
Event times for Race Tasmania at Symmons Plains:
- Hyundai Excel practices 1,2 - 9am, 12.10pm
- Improved Production practices 1,2 - 9.25am, 12.35pm
- HQ Holdens practices 1,2 - 9.50am, 1pm
- Trans Am practices 1,2 - 10.15am, 2.30pm
- TCM practice 1 - 10.40am
- TCR practices 1,2 - 11.05am, 1.25pm
- S5000 practices 1,2 - 11.40am, 2pm
- TCM qualifier - 2.55pm
- Improved Production qualifier - 10am
- Hyundai Excel qualifier - 10.30am
- HQ Holdens qualifier - 11am
- Improved Production race 1 - 11.30am
- Trans Am qualifier - 12.15pm
- TCM trophy race - 12.45pm
- S5000 qualifier - 1.15pm
- Hyundai Excel race 1 - 1.45pm
- TCR qualifier - 2.15pm
- Trans Am race 1 - 2.53pm
- TCM race 1 - 3.41pm
- S5000 race 1 - 4.13pm
- TCR race 1 - 4.58pm
- HQ Holdens race 1 - 5.35pm
- HQ Holdens races 2,3 - 9am, 4.35pm
- Hyundai Excel races 2,3 - 9.40am, 4.05pm
- Improved Production races 2,3 - 10.20am, 5.05pm
- TCR races 2,3 - 11.13am, 3.27pm
- Trans Am races 2,3 - 11.53am, 1.30pm
- TCM races 2,3 - 12.23pm, 2.10pm
- S5000 races 2,3 - 12.58pm, 2.45pm