Tasmania has been snubbed at the AFL national draft for the second year running.
As the state battles to get its own standalone team, the Apple Isle's top juniors were left untouched as just 59 selections were made in a drawn-out draft event.
North Launceston teenager Jackson Callow had been ranked among the state's top prospects after combining an impressive underage campaign with the Tasmania Devils in 2019 with an eye-catching TSL campaign this season.
But he, Clarence talent Ollie Davis and North Hobart trio Patrick Walker, Sam Collins and Hamish Allan were all left disappointed as Tasmania continued its lean run.
The once-fruitful provider of AFL talent has now had just four players selected at the national draft in five years with only two - top-10 picks Tarryn Thomas and Chayce Jones - still on AFL lists.
MORE FOOTY: Jackson Callow's one hope for draft night
Perth tall forward Logan McDonald, who had long been touted as one of the draft's 'fantastic five', found his way to Sydney with the fourth pick of the draft.
The sole draftee with Tasmanian connections, the 18-year-old's grandfather Terry played in City-South's 1972 NTFA and state premiership and his father Darren was born in Launceston.
McDonald appeared to be just one pick away from being selected by Hawthorn, who have a deal to play in Tasmania next season.
The dream is far from over for those who missed out on being selected in the national draft on Wednesday night, with the rookie draft to be held from 12 noon on Thursday.
More chances to win spots on AFL lists will come with the pre-season supplemental selection period and a mid-season rookie draft in 2021.
MORE SPORT: Cricketer makes debut after 17 years in the game
TASMANIAN DRAFT PICKS SINCE 2010
- Josh Green (pick 32, Brisbane) 105 games
- Jeremy Howe (pick 33, Melbourne) 187 games*
- Jacob Gillbee (pick 49, Gold Coast) 6 games
- Henry Schade (pick 24, Gold Coast) 28 games
- Jimmy Webster (pick 42, St Kilda) 93 games*
- Jesse Lonergan (pick 13, Gold Coast) 60 games
- Jackson Thurlow (pick 16, Geelong) 63 games
- Sam Siggins (pick 62, Adelaide) 0 games
- Kade Kolodjashnij (pick 5, Gold Coast) 80 games
- Toby Nankervis (pick 35, Sydney) 82 games*
- Alex Pearce (pick 37, Fremantle) 53 games*
- Jake Kolodjashnij (pick 41, Geelong) 110 games*
- Ben Brown (pick 47, North Melbourne) 130 games*
- Brady Grey (pick 58, Fremantle) 21 games
- Lachie Weller (pick 13, Fremantl) 103 games*
- Josh Watts (pick 65, Brisbane) 0 games
- Josh McGuinness (pick 81, Brisbane) 0 games
- Kieran Lovell (pick 22, Hawthorn) 2 games
- Mitch Hibberd (pick 33, North Melbourne) 9 games
- Mackenzie Willis (pick 52, Gold Coast) 5 games
- Ryan Gardner (pick 59, Geelong) 12 games*
- Hugh Dixon (pick 44, Fremantle) 1 game
- Tarryn Thomas (pick 8, North Melbourne) 26 games*
- Chayce Jones (pick 9, Adelaide) 23 games*
- Fraser Turner (pick 58, Richmond) 0 games
* denotes players on a list heading into 2021