Premier Peter Gutwein has refused to name the agency that employs a Northern public servant who was on Friday stood down pending an investigation into an historic child sexual abuse allegation.
The recent allegation levelled at a State Service employee follows a decision last month to stand down three workers at the Ashley Youth Detention Centre.
One of those workers has been accused of rape in the 1990s.
IN OTHER NEWS:
The Northern worker from the unidentified government agency was identified through a claim to the National Redress Scheme.
Tasmania Police is investigating the allegation.
Mr Gutwein said the government would continue to inform the public whenever a State Service worker was stood down following an allegation of child sexual abuse.
"As part of the National Redress Scheme, the estimate is that we might see 2000 claims come forward," he said.
"Some of those will be for people who are currently working in the public sector, others will be for other institutions.
"It is important that we have a system moving forward that is robust, that ensures people are afforded due process and also the principles of natural justice."
What do you think? Send us a letter to the editor: