An overnight fire at Rocherlea on Tuesday caused an estimated $250,000 worth of damage, destroying a large shed, used for storing personal equipment.
Crews from Launceston and Rocherlea were called to the fire on George Town Road shortly before 9pm, finding the shed fully engulfed by flames.
High winds impacted firefighting efforts, with extra resources including a hydraulic platform called in, with crews working to extinguish the blaze for close to four hours.
Crews remained on the scene overnight extinguishing hotspots and ensuring the wind did not spark new fires.
Fire investigators returned to the scene Wednesday morning, determining the fire was accidental.
It started after the electrical cable that fed power to the shed started arcing after the winds caused it to rub against the shed, with sparks landing inside the shed, which was quickly fanned by strong winds. Smoke and embers travelled several hundred metres.
The shed was used to store personal items, including tools, music equipment and a workshop.
A man who lived in the area was taken to Launceston General Hospital for assessment due to smoke inhalation.
IN OTHER NEWS:
What do you think? Send us a letter to the editor: