The Launceston Lightning teams found little success at the end of the state league's second round on Sunday.
A superior Glenorchy Spartans team proved too much for the Lightning men's on Sunday, who rolled to a 132-66 win.
Glenorchy's Liam Smith, Jack Stanwix and Phoenix Robey put on a clinic against a depleted Lightning, with the the three finishing with 32, 27 and 25 points respectively.
Later that day, the Lightning women's would have their finals hopes dashed by a relentless Wynyard Wildcats, losing 76-69.
In other news:
The Lightning's downfall was largely due to the monster performance by Wynyard's D'Asia Chambers, who dialled-up 43 points.
The scores were neck-and-neck most of the game, however Chambers' 10-0 run late in the fourth quarter ultimately sealed the Lightning's fate.
Launceston's scoring was more spread out across the team, with Aishah Anis leading the way with 20 points.
The Lightning women's team will play the Devonport Warriors on November 12 at the Elphin Sports Centre.
Round two result:
- Lightning Men's 60 def by KHBA Kings 95.
- Lightning Men's 86 def Grenadiers 78.
- Lightning Men's 66 def by Glenorchy Spartans 132.
- Lightning Women's 91 def Ulverstone Redhoppers 24.
- Lightning Women's 49 def by BTas HP 55.
- Lightning Women's 69 def by Wynyard Wildcats 76.