They were the hottest tickets in town and within an hour they were all gone.
About 35,000 people or one in 15 Tasmanians logged on to register for a Make Yourself At Home travel voucher on Wednesday night.
Within minutes of registrations opening at 7pm the website crashed, with many people taking to The Examiner's Facebook page to share their frustrations.
"It keeps taking me to the eVET portal and you need a login and password. This is so messed up," Cararama Seeyeldee said.
"Nowhere on the page to register - what a waste of 30 minutes," wrote Jilann Edwards.
For reader Elisa G Bessell it was the second time unlucky.
"An hour of my life wasted for nothing. Again. I know not everyone can receive this, but surely it t would be fairer if each family were issued with just one of each of the vouchers so at least each family had access to accommodation and an experience ... rather than the lucky few receiving multiples," she said.
IN OTHER NEWS:
In a statement issued about 9pm Wednesday, Premier Peter Gutwein acknowledged that once again there had been incredible demand for the vouchers, thanking Tasmanians for their patience.
"The second round of registrations have now closed having been fully subscribed," he said.
"Online registrations were fully subscribed in just over an hour and the phone lines are now also closed.
"I know Tasmanians who missed out will be disappointed, but this initiative is about supporting our tourism and hospitality industry and it's been welcomed by Tasmanians in droves.
"I want to thank Tasmanians for continuing to embrace this initiative, which is backing our tourism industry while helping Tasmanians to explore more of their own backyard.
"For those Tasmanians who did miss out, I'd urge you all to still get out and support the industry if you are able."
Were you able to secure a voucher? What do you think? Send us a letter to the editor: