The 2020 NAB League season has been called off once and for all, ending the Tasmania Devils' season.
The boys and girls competitions had been scheduled to recommence on August 22 and September 5 respectively, but were cancelled on Tuesday as Victoria deals with a state of disaster and stage four restrictions.
Entering its second season back in the country's leading under-18 competition, the Devils' boys side failed to get a game in this year due to the coronavirus pandemic.
The girls equivalent squeezed two games in before the pandemic hit, leaving Glenorchy's Perri King with the quirky statistic of being the Devils' first and only goalkicker in their inaugural season.
MORE FOOTBALL:Laskey to face TSL tribunal
AFL Tasmania chief executive Trisha Squires said the decision was expected given the circumstances, but disappointing nonetheless.
"For us here in Tasmania the opening of the borders to Victoria was always going to be a timing challenge but I know it is extremely disappointing for all of our players," Squires said.
"We have encouraged all of our Tasmania Devils boys and girls to continue to train and play with their local clubs.
"We are really fortunate here in Tasmania that we are safely able to play football in our local competitions.
"Our boys and girls are able to train and play a season and that is a great opportunity and something we should not take for granted, given the situation in other states."
The NAB League is expected to allow for extra over-agers next season to cater for players not drafted this year.