North Launceston will debut a gun NTFA recruit for the second game running with former St Pats coach Jake Laskey named for his first TSL game.
The 26-year-old was named on the bench alongside ex-Hillwood second-gamer Dan Withers and pressure forward Jack Rushton, who will play his first game of the season.
Winger Liam Davies has been left out for the first time since arriving from Ulverstone, while Bart McCulloch has been named as an emergency for the second week running.
RELATED: Laskey moves to State League
Northern Bombers coach Taylor Whitford said his side had enjoyed an encouraging two weeks on the sidelines after a rare loss to Launceston in round two.
"It's been a really positive vibe around the club after a loss - something that the group isn't used to," the 28-year-old said.
"Admittedly the group's changed, but I think a loss can be a positive as long as you learn, so hopefully we can come out this week, learn a lot from the last time we played and implement some of that this weekend.
"Whether we're winning and learning I don't really care, as long as we are learning and getting better each week."
ELSEWHERE IN SPORT
Whitford said the Launceston loss had helped highlight an area for improvement.
"We need to rectify a couple of things inside the contest and our shape inside the contest," he said.
"On the track the last couple of weeks it's no surprise what we've done - we've don't a lot of contested work and we'll hopefully come out and win that area."
NORTH LAUNCESTON v CLARENCE
UTAS Stadium, Saturday, 2pm
- B: J. Avent, C. Nankervis, B. van Buuren
- HB: J. Foon, C. Young, A. Richter-Salter
- C: B. Simpson, B. Cox-Goodyer, M. Walsh
- HF: S. Egger, J. Callow, J. Rushton
- F: Z. Burt, T. Bennett, T. Donnelly
- R: A. Lee, J. Ponting, T. Whitford
- Int: F. Bennett, J. Laskey, O. Sanders, D. Withers
- Emg: L. Cocker, L. Davies, B. Lowe, B. McCulloch
In: J. Rushton, J. Laskey, B. Simpson
Out: L. Davies, W. Edmunds, L. Cocker
- B: J. Bealey, J. Bailey, J. Holmes
- HB: B. Jones, Z. Buechner, K. Wylie
- C: S. Banks, E. Jackson, K. Howlett
- HF: L. Swinton , S. Green, J. Webberley
- F: J. Green, N. Holmes, C. Riley
- R: R. Bailey, O. Davis, J. Harper
- Int: H. Burgess, D. Howlett, J. Preshaw, O. Preshaw
- Emg: J. Barwick, D. Gardner, B. Smith, J. Young