Speculation that Clarence Football Club is being pushed out of Bellerive Oval is "absolute hogwash", says Cricket Tasmania chief executive Dominic Baker.
The Roos were informed they would need to find a new home base for the 2020 TSL season in May when the Victorian company contracted to remove sightscreens and install goalposts at the ground was be unable to fulfil its duty due to the coronavirus pandemic.
The ground was subsequently set to be a cricket-only venue for 2020 until earlier this week when a contract relinquishment agreement paved the way for North Melbourne to be allotted two AFL games at the ground in August.
Clarence will play its six home games at Richmond Oval as planned, starting this Saturday when ex-Brisbane small forward Josh Green returns for a round three clash with Glenorchy.
Baker confirmed the Roos would return to Bellerive for the 2021 TSL season.
"Our relationship with the club goes back a long way and it will continue," Baker said.
"We've given them a letter of comfort that anything that happens this year is not around trying to remove them from the ground.
"There's a lot of talk bout that and it's absolute hogwash - they're a tenant of this ground, they've been on the ground for a long time they've been a big part of this community on the Eastern Shore.
"There's no move to take them off the ground and whatever we can do to help them we always will."
Baker conceded there had been some tension between the two parties when the decision was first made.
"I think so," he said.
"I think that was compounded by uncertainty though and uncertainty and change always bring out a little bit of anxiety.
"The fact we couldn't answer questions wasn't because we didn't want to, it was because we didn't have answers."
Saturday's game starts at 1.30pm.
MORE FOOTBALL: Tarryn Thomas out for season with ankle