A desolate Hoblers Bridge for months on end have been forced to balance netballers and limit spectators in order to abide by strict protocols for the Northern Tasmanian Netball Association's return.
City of Launceston rubber stamping an updated Return to Play plan was the last step ahead of games on Saturday.
NTNA chairperson Alison Filgate was feeling "excited", but has warned the delayed competition will resume with social distancing in place.
"Though it required some urgent updates to an already approved Return to Play plan, we welcome the bringing forward of stage three guidelines that allows some easing of restrictions, including spectators being allowed in to watch games," she said.
"Though spectators still are limited to one per player, it was an important element that we had to initially find a solution around."
Part of the plan required that attendance records be kept at the entry points of the outdoor netball complex.
It has extended to entering and exiting with compulsory utilisation of sanitising stations, specific time of entry and cleaning of equipment.
ELSEWHERE IN SPORT
- OPINION: Teams keep the faith in soccer return
- City a united kingdom after Englishman's heroics
- Gerrard does a Beckham
- LAUNCESTON CITY: NPL Tasmania preview
- RIVERSIDE OLYMPIC: NPL Tasmania preview
- Olympic door open for Nataniel Atkinson
- Loyal gateman takes well-earned year off
- Open season for statewide league
- OPINION: Bizarre goings on in world sport
The association is restricted to playing on nine of its courts, leaving the other four dormant to ensure a limit of less than 500 people gather.
"Our responsibility to our players is to provide a safe competition and much hard work has been going on behind the scenes to ensure this can occur as efficiently as possible," Filgate said.
"So we ask that each and every person ensure themselves and their children are fully aware of their responsibilities, so that the transition between each game goes as smooth as possible."
Although both junior and midweek campaigns had been scheduled to start in March, the NTNA is looking at providing near full rosters for both competitions of 15 and 14 rounds respectively.
Grand finals have already been planned from the week commencing on October 26.
NTNA operations manager Michelle Woodiwiss said a recent survey of its netballers were keen to play this year.
"Our netballers are fiercely passionate and we can't wait to hit the court," she said.
"We are looking forward to welcoming them."
Subscriptions are available here.
Sign up to our Sport email here.