Launceston's scheduled Super Netball clash remains in grave doubt, but Netball Tasmania is confident that the Silverdome will not lose its biggest event of the year in what could be a condensed playing fixture this season.
The competition opening had been pushed back on Saturday nearly two months until June 30 at the earliest.
Collingwood Magpies had looked set to play one of their seven home games on May 24 with Sydney-based Giants Netball again in Launceston.
"I don't know at this stage, but my understanding is if the season goes ahead, our game will go ahead," Netball Tasmania chief executive Aaron Pidgeon said.
Pidgeon intends to campaign with Events Tasmania, who act on behalf of the state government to negotiate its deal with Collingwood, to ensure the fixture is not lost.
The Magpies have won all three occasions they have played an annual Super Netball game at the Silverdome.
"It really depends on when the likely start date might be and then if that provides for a full competition or whether its going to be an abridged competition depending on how late it is," Pidgeon said.
ELSEWHERE IN SPORT
"It is in the agreement, so I would hope if any reasonable semblance of the season is able to be salvaged that we can bring the game back down to Tassie again."
Netball Australia made the annoucement on Saturday to hold off play until a review at the end of May is conducted.
The suspension of Super Netball coincides with an identical delay to the ANL.
"The competition is still planned - they want to run it, if possible," Pidgeon said.
"A May start isn't practical given the environment."
The directive to the Tasmanian Magpies from Netball Tasmania and Collingwood is to continue programs from home until further notice.
Pidgeon said team training could just resume less than a month before the first game.
Subscriptions are available here.
Sign up to our Sport email here.