The Tasmanian government has offered support to the creative industries while the theatres, galleries, and event spaces are dark.
Arts Minister Elise Archer said as part of the government's second stimulus package, funding of $1.5 million as well as $2 million in operational measures would go to the sector.
"The cultural and creative industries are a vital part of our way of life in Tasmania, contributing around $179 million a year to our economy and employing over 5000 Tasmanians," she said. "The Tasmanian government is committed to preserving these industries during these difficult times."
Funds available in the short term are:
- $500,000 to support Tasmanian artists to work with Tasmanian screen professionals to make content for digital distribution and promotion;
- $250,000 to support contemporary musicians to record music and music videos for digital distribution and promotion;
- $250,000 of additional screen development funding, to be largely delivered through Screen Tasmania's Project Development Program;
- One year rollover for arts organisations which have contracts in receipt of single year or final year funding through Arts Tasmania's Organisations Program;
- $500,000 in competitive funding for arts organisations to support employment and cultural activity;
- Immediate payment of final installment of grants to improve cash flow to Arts Tasmania's individuals and organisations;
- Temporary suspension of repayments of current Arts Tasmania low-interest loans and loans through the COLLECT Art Purchase Scheme;
- An increase in the maximum amount delivered to each project through Screen Tasmania's Project Development Program, and an increase of the proportion of funding delivered on the commencement of the activity.
A small business emergency supports grants program of $20 million will also be established for initial emergency grant payments of $2,500 to business including in arts and entertainment.
For advice on eligibility or for assistance with your application, please call 03 6165 6666 or email firstname.lastname@example.org