Hair salons have been left to decide between feeling safe and staying open, says one Launceston-based owner.
The government gave the hair industry a lifeline on Thursday after reversing its restriction on a 30 minute limit per customer.
Coronavirus: All the latest updates on COVID-19 for Tasmania
U.R unique owner Courtney Harwood said it had been a roller coaster 24 hours.
"It would have had a massive impact on the turnover, we literally could not perform our work within that 30 minute time frame," she said.
"There is not one service that we could have done within that 30 minute time frame besides some men's cuts."
IN OTHER NEWS:
Despite the lifeline Ms Harwood is calling for the government to close the hair industry down.
"I wish the hair industry would be shut down [for] our health and safety and for our clients as well," she said.
She said the reversed decision on the restrictions had left her with a difficult decision to make about whether to stay open or not.
"I'm not 100 per cent sure where I stand on what I'm going to do at this stage," Ms Harwood said.
"I am taking every day as it comes [and] obviously abiding by the new government restrictions and rules."
She said at this stage no staff had been stood down, but some probably would be in the near future.
We have removed our paywall from our stories about the coronavirus. This is a rapidly changing situation and we want to make sure our readers are as informed as possible. If you would like to support our journalists you can subscribe here.