The Northern Tasmanian Football Association has followed the TSL and NAB League's lead by postponing all matches until at least May 31.
The NTFA held a meeting with club presidents on Monday night in response to the coronavirus outbreak.
In addition to postponing its men's and women's competitions, which were scheduled to begin on March 28 and April 4 respectively, the NTFA moved to suspend training for all clubs this week to "await further information and details from appropriate authorities".
RELATED: TSL clubs reassess seasons
President Scott Rigby said the NTFA would work hard to support clubs through a difficult time.
"As a large community body that touches thousands of individuals and families across six municipalities, we have a responsibility to respond in a consistent manner in conjunction with government, department of health and other organisations across Tasmania," Rigby said.
"It's important that we also recognise the role our clubs play in their respective communities.
"We have and will continue to work very hard with them, their members and volunteers to make sure that everyone involved feels supported."
The NTFA's decision came after the TSL and NAB League postponed their seasons until May 31 on Monday evening, and continued a procession of cancelled or postponed sporting competitions nationwide.
At club level the postponement was well-received, with players and coaches acknowledging their disappointment at starting later in the year while fully backing the decision.
Bridgenorth coach Gary Shipton, who took over from Brady Demeijer following last season's grand final, admitted his players had "mixed feelings" about the decision.
"It's obviously disappointing, but the safety of everyone is important," Shipton said.
"With the AFL going with it, we go under the bracket of whatever they do, so once they started pulling the pin it was kind of expected where it was going to go for State League and communities."
University Football Club was less than two weeks away from competing under its new name for the first time, having re-branded from Uni-Mowbray in the off-season.
Lions president Wayne Thompson said his players would have up to two weeks off training before returning in whatever capacity is deemed safe by the relevant authorities.
Thompson said those at Monday night's NTFA presidents meeting had been in agreement over how to respond to the global pandemic.
"I think everybody's general feeling when it was first mentioned that there'd be a postponement to the start of the season, I think everybody looked at it realistically," he said.
"As much as it's disruptive for our footy season and sport in general Australia-wide, I think a lot of other clubs and sporting bodies have taken it head-on and done something.
"Things are happening from day to day, and what is staring us in the face now and what's going to be present in two weeks' time could be totally different.
"But if we can put things in place to stop it or restrict what could potentially happen, I think we're doing the right thing."
Elsewhere, the Oatlands District Football Association continued its big week by postponing its round one fixtures, originally scheduled for March 28, until at least June 6.
The ODFA announced its decision via a statement on its Facebook page on Tuesday evening.
"A shortened roster has been agreed upon by clubs," the statement read.
"If play can commence during June, this will allow for an abbreviated season and full finals series to be played.
"Obviously this could change in the future."
The move comes after Swansea and Oatlands pulled out of the association due to lack of playing numbers, reducing the competition from seven clubs to five.
IN OTHER NEWS: