The best of the Northern Midlands will be on display at the annual Northern Midlands Community Expo in March.
The event was started in 2018, aiming to showcase the various community organisations from around the municipality.
The event's theme is 'be local', where participants are encouraged to consider supporting the many local producers and organisations in the Northern Midlands.
Mayor Mary Knowles said the event showcased community clubs, groups and businesses.
"The theme for this event is be local," she said.
"Many people in the community are seeking volunteering opportunities or local activities.
"And many organisations are seeking volunteers, club members, and participants for their group activity."
The following exhibitors are on board, with several more expected to attend:
- Avoca Museum and Information Centre
- Big Bite Dutch Treats
- Cornerstone Pet Crematorium
- Cressy Country Women's Association
- Hearing Australia - the Hearing Bus
- Helping Hand
- Libraries Tasmania
- Longford Garden Club
- Longford Art Group
- Metal Minds Robotics
- Northern Midlands Church of Christ
- Red Cross
- Ross Community Sports Club
- Rossarden and Friends Christmas Party
- Rossarden Fire Brigade
- Rural Youth Organisation of Tasmania
- She Shed Ross
- St Vincent de Paul Society
- Tasmanian Ambulance Community Emergency Response Team
- Toosey Aged Care
- Wellness to Health
- Youth Officer - Northern Midlands
The event will be held March 21 at the Northern Midlands Council building in Longford.
For more information or if your organisation would like to have a table at the Community Expo please contact the council's tourism and events officer Fiona Dewar on email@example.com or 03 6397 7303 (only on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday).
For further information or to download an event prospectus visit the council's website on nmc.tas.gov.au/expo.
- What: Northern Midlands Community Expo.
- Where: Northern Midlands Council offices, Longford.
- When: Saturday March 21, 10am-4pm.
- Cost: Free.