The wife of Gaurav Endlay has denied being pressured by his family to withdraw her statement to police outlining alleged assaults he committed against her earlier this year.
Parul Bhatt emailed the Director of Public Prosecutions on October 16 requesting that Endlay be released from custody after he was arrested two weeks earlier and charged with two counts of common assault.
Ms Bhatt said she found the DPP email address via a Google search and not from Endlay's father.
"There were many things I was searching. What can be done to get police, then I came across this ... who to approach and all that," she told the Launceston Magistrates Court on Tuesday.
MORE ON THE ASSAULT HEARINGS:
In November, she attended a police station with a lawyer to complete a withdrawal statement.
Having found shelter, Ms Bhatt completed a notice of change in circumstances regarding her visa status. Prosecutors claimed this was further evidence that she was concerned about her future in Australia should Endlay remain behind bars, but Ms Bhatt said she was told it was mandatory to fill out the form.
Earlier this year, Ms Bhatt attended court with Endlay while he listened to evidence in the coronial inquest into the death of his baby daughter from a previous relationship. The inquest heard evidence of alleged family violence committed by Endlay, which Ms Bhatt said she copied in her police statement as a way of "warning" Endlay after an argument.
She said she only expected him to be in custody overnight.
The hearing before Magistrate Ken Stanton continues on December 17.