No decision has yet to be made on whether Nathaniel Atkinson will appeal his ban to represent Australia at next year's Tokyo Olympics.
The ex-Riverside Olympic junior was one of four Olyroos earlier this year in Cambodia - and three Melbourne City players at the time - who got into hot water following a complaint from a woman.
After a number of months, Football Federation Australia concluded its investigation and earlier this week banned Atkinson, Lachlan Wales and Brandon Wilson, from Perth Glory, with a firm suspension until August 2020 from representing their country.
Former City star Matthew McCree escaped the harsh penalty of missing the Olympic Games, but the under-23 captain has still been rubbed out until April 1 next year.
Atkinson had only earned his maiden call-up into the Olyroos squad this year.
The 20-year-old had been named to play in qualifiers for the 2020 Asian under-23 championships against hosts Cambodia, Chinese Taipei and South Korea between March 22 and 26.
ELSEWHERE IN SPORT
It came after Atkinson just six months earlier was the third Tasmanian to captain his country during the AFC under-19 championships.
City coach Erick Mombaerts, who started his coaching at Paris-St Germain, said the club will support both Atkinson and teammate Wales and the pair will resume duties for the A-League leaders.
"I have no issues with the players," the Frenchman said at a press conference.
"I don't know what has happened. I don't know the responsibilities of the players. When you don't know about the situation, you let them take responsibility.
"They are young and now they have to pay and maybe they have to respect this, but for us we need to support our players for them to be better."
Subscriptions are available here.
Sign up to our Sport email here.