This year the Northern Champions of Tourism paid homage to the 'year of the north' by recognising 20 people in the industry for their efforts across 2019.
The winners were recognised across five categories: local leader, dynamic newbie, event specialist, service wizard and trailblazer.
Tourism Northern Tasmania chief executive officer Chris Griffin said 2019 had been coined the year of the north.
"I'd love to think that we are moving towards becoming the event capital of Tasmania...we're getting a reputation to be able to host major events," he said.
"Essentially events are an appointment for a visitor to come to our place...what essentially we're doing is using the events as that invitation to convert people to be here."
Maureen Lacey, Jess Carins, Rebecca King and Rebecca Birrell were recognised as local leaders in the industry.
IN OTHER NEWS
The dynamic newbie's were Kooparoona Niara Tours' Greg Murray, Liberty Balloon Flights' Nick Brau, Turner Stillhouse's Justin Turner and Trailhead Food Co's Mark and Julie Cornish.
Mr Griffin said the awards allowed the winners to be recognised by the industry and peers.
"This is the seventh year we've run this now, deliberately to pick up on people who otherwise may go un-noticed, as they work around in the background," he said.
Even specialists Rick Marton was recognised for the Qantas Australian Tourism Awards, Jane Forrest for the Australian Musical Theatre Festival, Kristy Parker from Cityprom and Andrew Palmer for the DanceSport Championships.
Vertigo MTB's Buck Gibson, The Flinders Wharf's Jana Monnone, Swinging Gate Vineyard's Doug Cox and Mudbar Restuarant's Peter Blyth were named service wizards.
This year's trailblazers were Anna Yip from Off the Table, Jo Youl from The Flinders Wharf, Brickendon's Louise Archer and Domescapes' Matt Gower and Boris Petrack.
- Maureen Lacey - George Town DAP
- Jess Carins - Dorset DAP
- Rebecca King
- Rebecca Birrell
- Greg Murray - Kooparoona Niara Tours
- Nick Brau - Liberty Balloon Flights
- Justin Turner - Turner Stillhouse
- Mark and Julie Cornish - Trailhead Food Co.
- Rick Marton - QATA18
- Jane Forrest - Australian Musical Theatre Festival
- Kristy Parker - Cityprom
- Andrew Palmer - DanceSport Championships
- Buck Gibson - Vertigo MTB
- Jana Monnone - The Flinders Wharf
- Doug Cox - Swinging Gate Vineyard
- Peter Blyth - Mudbar Restaurant
- Anna Yip - Off the Table
- Jo Youl - The Flinders Wharf
- Louise Archer - Brickendon
- Matt Gower and Boris Petrack - Domescapes