West Australian Cath Bellemore has staked a strong claim to be the first name on the women's perpetual trophy at the Australian Veteran Golf Championship in Launceston.
However, Tasmanians are well in contention in virtually all other divisions going into Friday's final round.
Bellemore, who plays at the Nedlands Golf Club in Perth, followed her opening-round 83 at Riverside on Tuesday with an 84 in the morning round on Thursday.
She leads defending champion Helen Pascoe, from Buninyong in Victoria, by three shots going into Friday's final round.
Tasmanians fill three of the top five places in the men's championship after the A-grade round at Launceston Golf Club.
Iron Pot Golf Club's Peter O'Keefe shot a 79 to go a shot ahead of first-round leader Rod Campbell of Prospect.
Campbell, who will play the final round on his home course, followed his opening 77 with an 85 on Thursday.
Launceston's David Hamilton was the third of the Tasmanians, Claremont player Geoff Dodge matched O'Keefe's 79 to be third of the Tasmanians, just four shots from the lead.
In men's B-grade, Launceston Golf Club's Rob Sindorff repeated his opening-day 79 on Thursday to hold a three-shot lead overall after the morning round at Country Club Tasmania.
Queenslander Peter Clarke was second with Graeme Finn, also from Queensland, shooting an 86 in the morning to be a further shot back.
In women's division two, Tasmanians Liz Young (Launceston) was the leader, one shot ahead of Riverside's Margaret Bond.
(after two rounds)
- A grade stroke: 161 P. O'Keefe (Iron Pot) 82 79; 162 Rod Campbell (Prospect) 77 85; 164 C. Rose (NSW) 78 86, S. Wharton (WA) 84 80; 165 D. Hamilton (Launceston) 78 87, J. Ciezki (Vic) 83 82; 167 G. Dodge (Claremont) 88 79, B. Worth (NSW) 87 80, J. Robertson (Vic) 83 84; 168 J. Hogan (Qld) 81 87.
- B grade: 174 R. Sindorff (Launceston) 87 87; 177 P. Clarke (Qld) 90 87; 178 G. Finn (Qld) 92 86.
- C grade: 188 P. Montgomery (WA) 90 96; 188 D. Marshall (Colebrook ) 100 88; 192 V. Rulewski (SA) 95 97.
- Division one leading scores: 167 Cath Bellemore (WA) 83 84; 170 H. Pascoe (Vic) 87 83; 173 J. Frost (NSW) 86 79; 179 D. Wolfe (Vic) 92 87; G. Hoskin (NSW) 92 87.
- Division two leading scores: 204 L. Young (Launceston ) 107 97; 205 M. Bond (Riverside ) 102 103; 207 V. Critcher (NSW ) 101 106; 208 A Henty (Launceston ) 106 102; T. Meyer (NSW ) 104 104.