Hadspen is set to expand its women's reach, surging numbers ensuring the club affiliates two sides for the first time ahead of the TCL Female T20 Boom competition.
New rivals - Hadspen Red and Hadspen Black - will go head to head in Wednesday night's opening round that is sure to test loyalties and friendships of clubmates.
It's the first clear sign of how the development competition has gone from hit and giggle to something a lot more serious.
The Female T20 Boom started in 2015-16 - one summer after its Cricket North adversaries - after Bishopsbourne Panthers had become the first regional club to have two female sides playing.
OTHER CRICKET NEWS
The club reverted back to one side the following season in the fledgling four-team competition.
But the Boom has since been bolstered to six sides in 2017-18, seven sides last season and now eight for this summer.
Longford is returning to defend its title and in the process seek out a third premiership in the club's four seasons competing to edge one ahead of the Boom's inaugural winners, Bishopsbourne.
Bracknell will be hoping to go one better after its incredible 2018-19 debut year to reach the grand final.
- LAST SEASON: Wooden spooner
- COACH: Simon Chappell
- CAPTAINS: Caitlin Vandermeer, Ange Thompson
- INS: Belinda Henderson (new), Eliza Porter (new), Priscilla Pike (new)
- OUTS: Megan Briggs (broken hand)
COACH SAYS: "There has been much improvement on last year. The core girls, who have continued through the number of years which ACL has had a team, gradually are beginning to develop their skills nicely. We expect the new core, especially Priscilla [Pike], to fit right in and start to make runs for the team alongside Caitlin [Vandermeer] and Ange [Thompson] is looking like a quality little spinner this year and we're hoping for her to take some more wickets."
- LAST SEASON: Fifth
- COACH: Nil
- MANAGER: Kristy Wells
- CAPTAIN: Ebony Vocke
- INS: Georgina Rigby (Evandale), Chanette Thuringer (new), Kelsey Tudor (new)
- OUTS: Belinda Blackberry (Trevallyn), Rhianna Blackberry (Trevallyn), Jen Van Asch (unavailable)
MANAGER SAYS: "I think we should go pretty well. It will be good to have some fresh faces come into the squad, obviously - that's what the TCL Boom is about with participation and growing female cricket. What we just really want is a really good club culture where both the males and females mingle in together and feel comfortable in playing what is usually a male-dominant sport, which is showing the signs that the times are changing."
- LAST SEASON: Runners-up
- COACH: Dylan Semmens
- CAPTAINS: Cassie Walker, Natalie Shelton
- INS: Taylor Brooks (new), Annie Walker (new), Emma Haase (new)
- OUTS: Amy Buettel (North West)
COACH SAYS: "We have four or five what you'd call experienced players now - especially Cassie [Walker] and Natalie [Shelton] that are great for us. Natalie's played state cricket so she's a real asset. Our new girls, Emma [Haase] and Taylor [Brooks] went really well in a practice match against ACL which we won comfortably."
- LAST SEASON: Sixth
- COACH: Nicola Dusautoy
- CAPTAINS: Tayla Buchanan, Janelle Shearing
- INS: Tayla Martin (Riverside), Rebecca McLochlan (new), Sky Davey (new)
- OUTS: Georgina Rigby (Bishopsbourne Panthers)
COACH SAYS: "We are not a team at Evandale that's about competitive cricket. We are out for lots of fun and trying to improve. So as long as we all improve and have fun, we should have a great season."
HADSPEN RED & HADSPEN BLACK
- LAST SEASON: Fourth
- COACH: Sheryn Claridge
- CAPTAINS: Sheryn Claridge, Mel Denman
- VICE-CAPTAINS: Sara Wilkin, Erin Peters, Isabel Partridge
- INS: Mel Cruse (new), Angela Riley (new), Kaylee Demarco (new), Ash Demarco (new), Kendal Peters (new), Hannah Whitney (new), Chloe Mason (new), Gemma Fenton (new), Kate Dobber (new).
- OUTS: Nil
COACH SAYS: "We want everyone to have an equal opportunity. I'll captain one of the side and I picked a captain for the other, but we want two even sides. Because we have quite a few newbies, our team from last year will be split up."
- LAST SEASON: Premiers
- COACH: Stacey Norton-Smith
- CAPTAIN: Emma Humphries
- INS: Mary Broadhurst (Trevallyn)
- OUTS: Nil
CAPTAIN SAYS: "We're just keen to get things rolling and get another premiership under our belt. Every club seems to have picked up new players this year, but we're still happy with the players we've got and reckon we'll get the job done fine."
- LAST SEASON: Third
- COACH: James Whiteley
- CAPTAIN: Casey Brown
- INS: Belinda Blackberry (Bishopsbourne Panthers), Rhianna Blackberry (Bishopsbourne Panthers), Amy Behjat (new), Alex Millwood (new)
- OUTS: Mary Broadhurst (Longford)
COACH SAYS: "I think we'll go really well. I mean our quality is really high, but we also bat very deep. I expect that our bowling will probably be our strength, but I can see us making a lot of improvements too in our batting that can only get better."
Subscriptions are available here.
Sign up to our Sport email here